Thursday, April 2, 2009

'i am not an optimist or a pessimist. i live by hope!', desmond tutu

there was more to this quote, tutu continues to say in 'God has a dream' is optimism leads to pessimism and can be cynicism. for me this is true, if i am very optimistic i can also be very pessimistic. odd yes, but does not mean this does not happen. tutu states he is a realist, but for Gods dream, a hopeful dream (for His people, to work through them in this world) that everything will be transfigured as the cross was. Hope for a new tomorrow and for what His people were promised. like the Hebrews in exodus, 'a land flowing with milk and honey.'

I have such a hope for tomorrow, God is with His people. He was with paul in acts and with moses exodus. God is within us all, His people the Church (not the church 'building', with the congregation. our brothers and sisters) to bring in a new world, Gods' world. He uses the weak in such times. like i've said, moses he had a speech impediment. abraham. paul. even, me?

He brings us together, in community. to work through, to trust in Him. He loves us and we are to love Him and His creation as He loves them... faith within the storm and in the subtle peaceful times after such a storm. God needs me to work through, why else would i be here with such precious gifts from Him? I have such weak points, but so much to take joy in and i know so many people to take joy in.

for some reason above the words 'us' and 'them' stuck out, a lot to me. even as i typed them. what comes to mind is, creating an 'us and them' scenario. like, us the church and them as everybody else.... ugh.

I'm dropping this... to be honest my heart isn't in it. I'm trying too hard, i just want something to flow out of me. not be life changing, this stuff is changing in me. not me trying to change anyone else. I wrote most of this in my journal so... sorry to cut out on you guys like that. I started this this morning and well... i'm not gonna continue on typing it here if, well... if the passion isn't there. God bless.

No comments: