Friday, April 3, 2009

reflections


so i woke up this morning and did my devotionals. i opened up the Bible and this happened... 'oh nooooeesss!', i said. i suppose i'll need me some glue here soon. funny thing is i also found the bible my mom had when she was a kid, the bible i was given when i was baptized as a kid and the one i was given when i was born... or the one my parents were given, to give to me. anyways.


i'm gonna take a stroll down memory lane here, because i've been just thinking a lot lately. right over here to the right is a picture of brock and i a long time ago. also with this picture is a toy from a cereal box of venom (it's melted from sitting on my car dashboard. you fill this thing with water... well at one time you filled it with water and the water shot from venoms hands). it's spider-man so i think about brock when i see it, since we love comic books and ultimate spider-man is are favorite comic book series. then off to the right under brock is a g.i. joe guy, his hands are broken. we found this when we walked from my house (by olivet) to manteno, it looked like it was going to rain... we had a lot of conversations about greek gods and even more comedy. that was such a great walk, i miss that kid... but the army guy is holding the ring of power from 'lord of the rings'. I defeated brock in williams lobby playing 'lord of the rings: risk' i stole his ring from the game, placed it on my finger and made him kiss it in front of everyone in the lobby. in front of his girlfriend and mine at the time... chuck was there too. it was some good times, i just have this picture and those things by my study. just to remember my best friend. now i haven't explained the picutre. this was taken at arby's, in which i received the wrong sandwich. so i was given a free sandwich! good times, i gave my sandwich to brock or his sister... not quite sure. brock's sister took this picture, but we both look really young in this picture... i think i was a senior in high school? not sure... i do remember it was a lot of fun and this wasn't too far away from the night the both of us became best friends.

it was just one of those moments that, will always stick in my memory. now, we both decided to swing on swings... now most of you know we both get sick on swings, because we are wimps. well, we were swinging and I was telling brock the shenanigans i caused in high school. he did the same. the conversation is one of those things.. that was awesome. ahaha but, we both puked that evening after the swings, just an odd connection but above this we just laughed at ourselves. but right after we decided to go home, but right before we decided to get donuts and 69 cent dranks at the gas station. in which we were both extremely rejuvenated! so we continued to hang out the rest of the night, going to barnes and nobel. that's kind of, well he's been a God send in my life. a night i'll always remember and from that night on we have had so many journeys and stupid mistakes. but continued moving forward. more journeys and moving forward together. we are one thousand miles apart and yet still continuing in the same direction in some spiritual level of life. it's mind boggling. this friendship and deep relationship with him has changed my life with God and how i see relationships with everyone i meet('all level at the foot of the cross.'). it brought it to such a deeper level of things. it's odd to not have my best friend right here with me or be there with him, but i know God is good. not sure why i decided to type all that, but it's been on my heart... so i do know why, ahaha it's important to me and something i wished to share. we hold each other accountable and it shows true reflection of how i wish to see the community of God. as i see my best friend.

dear God open my eyes, open my eyes God... open my heart and bless me to do Your will. i love you Man... thank you for such a great person to be in my life and for everyone to come into my life. may i lay my pride and stubbornness aside Lord, but help me. i cannot do this alone, i seek after You.

No comments: