Tuesday, March 31, 2009

the love paradox

"Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul. ", St. Augustine

with everyday, my love for You increases. my trust in You increases... the more i reveal myself to people, the more i see of You each day. i know by trusting in You, i receive (it's not a point system) favor. for such a small word (trust), it holds such weight and complications. i'm trying God, but by Your grace and divine wisdom i seem to be growing deeper in love with You and Your people Lord. thank you. it seems by loving more and more, i grow fonder of You and more trusting. hence the idea of some 'love paradox' that never seemed to make sense until now. may i keep my eyes and ears on You, for Your grace is what holds me here. Your love is magnificent and beautiful, i have far to go but seeing such love coming from Your people. as subtle as it can be, it's still so amazing... love truly is the beauty of the soul.

so, i thought i had a lot to write about today... but it all seems so trivial now and i'd just be blowing it WAY out of proportion... ahaha so it's not flowing right now, i guess i'll save this as a draft and see if anything comes to me. (time of writing: 8:11 p.m.)

(11:08 p.m.) i've decided not to push anything, but i'll leave these from my devotions i have done thus far. i am reading 'make poverty personal' (in which if anyone would like to join me in discussion and working through this book, pick it up. we can chat about it somehow. phone call, e-mail, forum... whatever) and decided to go through exodus on my own (since the book talks on that in the first chapter, figured it was a good time to look at Exodus in whole).

Exodus 3:
I have watched over you and have seen what has been done to you in Egypt. 17 And I have promised to bring you up out of your misery in Egypt into the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—a land flowing with milk and honey.'

Exodus 4:
10 Moses said to the LORD, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue."

11 The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD ? 12 Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."

Isaiah
5:7
The vineyard of the Lord Almighty is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah are the garden of his delight. And he looked for justice, but saw bloodshed; for righteousness, but heard cries of distress.
(a friend said she was reading this specific passage in a dream she had, so I've been pondering over it... any thoughts? of course go and read it in it's full context.)

**for you futurama fans, yes a refrence to farnsworth paradox episode. good episode, but i'm only refrencing the name. i did put more thought into it than just the refrence, i remembered the refrence a while later.

No comments: