Saturday, November 27, 2010

segment from my journal..

While working at the mall today, actually right now... I see this couple, to juxtapose the couple, in the gar they have on. He in sweats, her dressed up so very cute... all matching, make up and hair perfected from what must of been a long morning in the mirror. She's not into the moment of things though... she is somewhere else in her mind. He doesn't notice such, he is eating general tso's chicken from the restaurant down the way. Drinking his pepsi soda as she drinks her water and drifts off more and more... Her hopes to be in love palpable...

These feelings grow stronger for her as a couple say hello, this couple all clingy and matching each other... They appear to be a new couple or at least still have some flame between them. She gazed at them fondly as though that's what she wants... then peered back to her boyfriend wondering why are we not the same? but gives into this is what she has, so she shouldn't argue or push against the grain. I don't know why she sticks with it, but I'm preaching to the choir here. I've done this exact same thing. I've been there; in complacency or some deeper push of trying to make it work. Pushing through and closing off to what matters only works, for so long. She thinks no one notices, but oh they do and I do. I feel for her... I've been on each side of such a debacle. More times the dude I see, but self-conscious and never in sweats.

No comments: