Thursday, November 25, 2010

passing thoughts... Whilst at work.

'suffering'

"All artists are willing to suffer for their work. But why are so few prepared to learn to draw?", Banksy.

The path to the cross is suffering, the end is death. How will we leave this labyrinth of suffer? Perhaps, heaven? Not quite sure anymore, but perhaps even it's the peace or joy in the labyrinth.

What shall we learn? Yes, we suffer indeed. But why not pick up some sort of talent? Learn to play music, knit, draw, etc. Kafka suffered, Plath depression, Tolstoy, depressed through his own pursuits... Great writers but they created from despair for muse, like Kierkegaard. When that eternal despair wilted, so did the muse... perhaps I don't know anything. I'm just the same anyhow, less structured and I use more stencils (quotes.)

thought continues...

'the race'

Is a race really a term of endearment or proper analogy for life? Biblically a good term for hope and despair in the cross, taking the burden of the cross. Socially, not as much by the tagging term, "rat race" life isn't a race to be won, who really wins in the end? It's like the end of an eating contest, there is no winner... In the bathroom context so to speak, the full circle of such an event.

Even then, all allegories have there issues, Tolstoys allegory in the well or the labyrinth, where is hope? Perhaps it fits on the context of our suffering itself and the juxtaposition to each event. Forever paradoxical, not just a lexical gap for the issue but a black-hole in our understanding not even light can escape. Time and space is altered to it's (The black-holes entity) and not our own, the damn Thou not the I's/it's perception...

If success is counted sweetest to those who ne'er succeed then it's not the race, but the journey? "so not all who wander are lost" but just seeking? Seeking what? I have no answer... guess I'll just enjoy being lost. Whenever I find myself thinking I'm right on an issue, I learn later and very roughly that I am so very wrong.

No comments: