Tuesday, March 31, 2009

the nakedness

i'm pretty uncomfortable being naked. just in general. i was thinking of something i used to say a lot, 'being naked in front of God.' that's what i want to strive for, being naked in front of God and not just the, hey no physical clothes! but the in depth, nakedness of my soul, hopes, fears, future, imagination... to truly open my heart and pour it out, nakedness towards God as He reveals Himself to me. that is kind of what i'm doing with this blog as well, these are part of my prayers and revealing myself to God and to my friends. this is me uncovering and bearing my naked soul. yes, here and there i'm leaving something out for myself to share with God. these are just like the consensus and more direct thoughts/occurrences. God has been so awesome as of late.

'God is love and love is real!'

God, build me up Lord... build me up. use me for Your will. imagination can do such great things, it's all over the scriptures. give me the wisdom of Heaven to reinforce this imagination of mine. to boldly spread Your word.

'blind as i'd become, i used to wonder where you are-
these days i
can't find where You're not!'

so i decided to take a drive today and look for the salvation army church. as i was driving i looked and found a barnes and noble, so i pulled over to partake inside. perhaps eat some lunch and buy a book, i found 'making poverty personal'. while looking around the girl next to me was buying 'irresistible revolution' so we talked for a little while. AHH! why did my text change? whatever, so we sat and talked for a while, then sat and had some lunch with her as well. it was really nice, she goes to a methodist church not too far from my house so i think i may go and check it out one time. we exchanged e-mail addresses so we can keep in touch and perhaps get together to discuss books and/or go to church one day. so i was pretty excited about that. my text changed again... what the deuce? anyways after this i headed home. excited my mom is bringing home some wings 21 and i'm trying to decide what book to read next.

when i got home (text changed again) i decided to make a little study next to my window, just by dragging in a chair from the dining room and using the tub that i was sitting on as a foot stool. also by using the window as a place to hold books and perhaps some tea, it's just really nice to sit and read there. i've been trying to spend my mornings in devotions and with God, it gives me a good place to look out and have some great solitude away from everything. it's a crazy little nook, a corner of quiet. some time sitting here really changes my out look for the day. I'm gonna throw in a picture of what it looks like looking out.

but i must say, the saddest thing today has been hearing muffin, the cool kittie in my house, has to be put down tomorrow. his kidney's and liver are shutting down completely so it's best to put him down. just really sad cause i like him, he's calm and spends a lot of time in my room just hanging out. but this evening the' incredible hulk' is here and my parents and i are going to watch that. just to double check, the one with edward norton... the good hulk film.

God you are so great, build me up Lord and let me be naked in front of You. allow me to keep moving forward. as i enjoy saying, 'make progress!' which by saying 'progress!' i need to go over a story, well there are a lot of stories of this... but the times dave, brock and i were off playing golf. there was this thing to where, we suck at golf. ahaha terribly. well, dave is pretty good. well anyways, it's a continuing joke since the first day we all golfed together this 'progress!' being yelled. you can see where i'm going here, but i'll start from the beginning even though the reader is steps ahead. golf day starts, it seems each time we go one person has their shoes off and only one of us wore shorts. so us three guys are golfing two with rolled up pants, one with out shoes, one with shorts and most likely somebody has their shirt off. backwoods golfing comes to mind.

we come up to the first tee off, dave goes first. he hits one and it's not as good as he would like, so re-do (that's a typical day of golf, 'umm can i retry that?'). the next one is nicely shot and off to the right of the green. i'd tell you how far it went, but i can't remember any of them. just how long it took us to actually get a decent shot.

at this point it's brocks turn, this time it's about one drive and he's in a half way decent position. not far from daves and in the middle of the fairway.

my favorite part, my turn. now, i used to play golf a lot. so i'm not terrible, but i'm definitely no where close to good.

i walk up and take a few practice swings, remembering 'yeah, i miss golf. i was pretty decent.' first swing... way far! but waaaay to the right. shanked it into the woods. this happens 3 times...(i lost all three of those golf balls too) good distance, but a 45 degree angle to the right. ahaha so hilarious to see, if i hit that thing straight. oh what a marvelous drive i would have! if only, i hit it straight. (now a days i have to angle my body like 35 degrees to the left to equal out my enormous shankage, it's hilarious. I could hit around a corner some times.) we continue down and it get's worse. dave still does good. brock and me keep having our redos' until we get fed up. hit the ball once, goes 2 feet. hit it again, a few more feet. then, Glory be to God the ball flies 20 feet. from dave we here, 'progress!' yelled from the back.

now my point is, those few shots that suck... oh how mad we can get. but that one decent shot that we had all day, makes it all worth while. the 'progress' of it all. progress of a nice shot, progress i made today by not getting mad at drivers, and the progress i've made in the relationships. i have some tough times, but God is faithful... maybe not in my golf game. ahahaha but definitely in my life, if i'm just seeking after Him.

just some information also, by the end of a long day of golf. we look like beginners instead of amateurs. some progress, but oh how much fun it is. good friends, good talks, new skills, good tea and lookn' like idiots. praise be to God for such times.

'but seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. each day has enough trouble of its own.' Matthew 6;32-34

God give me peace and the ability to seek after Your kingdom. to make some progress in my life and to make progress towards Your Kingdom to come. give me eyes to see and ears to hear Lord.

No comments: