Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wanna a smoke or symbolism?

After a good lunch at the pub, Jessica asked me to join her outside. Apparently since the last time I was in town she had picked up smoking, so I accepted the invitation. Not for the smoke per-say more for the fact she was on the opposite side of the table and the two of us have not caught up yet due to debating or the mere fact she was sitting too far for one on one conversation. Once outside we talked a bit about where we are going in life and I heard a bit inside, in which I was very perplexed. So we talked back and forth, I must say my aggravation level was rising because years ago she had scholarships and everything for a full ride in whatever she wanted and now she sits in front of me complaining because she never took them. 

Dialogue needed to be written...


Most of all out of this little conversation I remember one changing point in who I was before this encounter and after this encounter.

She offered me a cigarette and I declined. Her response was, "Good choice." From right here I realized, the gap between the relationship we once had and how at one time I was familiar with this person. Now it is as though we are two strangers who vaguely had a same past.

No comments: