Monday, September 15, 2008

The idea of who I am and who I want to be.

This week I was assigned a speech, for speech class of course. In which I had to find an article pertaining to what I wish to do in the future for a job. Due to the fact I couldn't find an article on being a novelist I just gave up and decided to do it on teaching. Which sucks because I did not put my whole heart into doing the summary nor what I really thought about it. Teaching is just something I want to get me by until I decide to write one day, as a full time job of course. It kind of makes me angry... not angry, aggravated to sit in speech and never hear a word about how being a creative writer is the backdrop of a speech. To me if you can give a good speech you could probably write a decent story about that or a decent paper. I know I'm terrible at grammar and sometimes I miss spell the most obvious words, I truly do know this. 

What my point is the fact that, writing is the backdrop to it all. We get our research from books and get our forming ideas from literature. Talking amongst each other gives us the idea to write, but having it on paper leaves it to be around forever. So to me, what lives longer the speech or the text? I guess to me I'd much rather read the speech then hear it delivered. There is so much emotion wrapped up just in the fact you are at the speech itself. Let's say you read it later and realize you disagree, you have more time to think and go over the ideas given to you. Which is why I find the literal form better in a sense. Everyone works differently though, so a speech is a great thing. I suppose I'm more stating how I feel about it, which is another reason I love speeches and writing, your opinion counts.

No comments: