Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Rambling, stammering... drunkenly bouncing from wall to wall along the hall.

taking our seat at life's grand display, just upon the river bank. Steal under our asses and smoke in our lungs. Disbarred from the whole. Some 200 miles apart, mumbling discredit, sighing, whispering self-deprecations.

Naked once were we, just here. Now with only leaves, no longer free. Dipping in the streams, naked lovely beautiful freedom! Translucent nostalgia, just beyond the shoreline. Where now just bare feet dangle. Twisting and moving, articulate in flight, dancing from here to there. Some newly discovered self-infatuation, my companion and I.
______________________________
It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved.. It's better to have loved and lost than never... It's better to have loved and lost.... It's better to have loved... it's better to have loved at all.. It's better to have loved at all, lost or not.
______________________________
I was reminded or for that, told not long ago that I take any conversation and make said conversation pretentious. I suppose, as I'm told, "if there is a way to make a pretentious (Ironic because, if it wasn't for spell check I would of spelled pretentious wrong twice. Can I be something I cannot spell? ahaha) statement, by damned I can find it." If that's by quoting a novel, author, paper, well just about a quote or idea from something I've seen or taken in. I suppose, I'm a nerd... saying I'm a nerd makes me want to quote John Green, so I will. "Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself." — John Green. I love this, makes me laugh, not saying by being pretentious, everyone else is stupid. umm... back to the diatribe.

Anyhow, I can't help but let the statement linger in my mind. Battling it over and over between pretentious or not, perhaps I am. I may as well at narcissistic while I'm at it, but on some chance... maybe I'm not. I really enjoy the things I quote and I love diving into things I don't understand.

I digress, I guess I could just battle between the two pushing up boulders like Sisyphus. Just as they fall back down, again and again. I don't know, it's a thought that won't pass just yet.

So it goes...

No comments: