Saturday, September 4, 2010

Carpe Diem by: Kris Denoyer

This is a song I wrote, I have chords to it and everything... maybe someone will hear it someday.
___________________________________________
Carpe diem
Capo: 4

I once knew a girl
who broke my heart
with a text message

I’ll write a song
of how she did me wrong
but no words come to mind

This is just a rambln’ song
about that girl but I never even cared

The news is on
with all it’s absurdity
It’s just clanging gongs

I could write a song
about politics
and all the injustice done

This is just a rambln’ song
about the politicians I never voted for

Now it’s Sunday morning
and the preacher is preachn’
all about the Word

I could write a song
a gospel hymn
giving all praise to His name

This is just a rambln’ song
about our Lord it feels so unlike me

Forget the girl that left me
it never really mattered
it’s just old news
(it’s just dust in the wind)

about those politicians
who ain’t face value
Caveat emptor to all

Sunday mornings
can be a stress
but it’s home for now
(Jesus is coming back around)
this is just a rambln’ song
about my life and where I’m standn’ at

No comments: