Thursday, July 9, 2009

"The Path is narrow."

John 6. People had to leave, this teaching... this yoke is tough.

Shall I preach for people to leave?
not, "GET OUTTA HERE!" type of thing.

"I smoke, drink and do a lot of things that aren't necessarily good... I shouldn't feel on top of the world about myself after church.", I have heard said recently.

The gospel is challenging when taken seriously. Challenging till you just want to leave even.
The journey that is, isn't simple.

A tour guide is used a lot as an example. I'm not bringing Jesus to someone, I'm showing or saying, 'He's here and always been here... for the grass to grow and the sun to shine... the crops to bare fruit and vegetables for the animals to eat. To bring nutrition, even amongst the worst times and He is hard to see.' A tour guide...

It's not easy, more and more questions arise and even by following Jesus more problems come up. He was martyred, I have to remind myself of this. The rabbi that we are supposed to come follow after, be covered in dust by... was killed upon the cross. His disciples (eventually, by eventually... during the worst time. They were pretty terrified, but hey I would be too if I was amogst people who want to kill me.) took that quite seriously.

Let us not forget Hope either. Hope in a new world, hope that this discipleship will lead to a better tomorrow, when taken seriously. Not just a walk in the park.

A tour guide just doesn't show you the beauty and simplicity. He shows you the hardships, the strenuous activity. From that they can show you a beauty, they reveal their journey to you. It's why their a guide in the first place.... this trail, mountain or water way is their journey.
Showing truth is yours, how to look through it and understand the journey. Help guide you along the way until, your are sort of on your own enjoying the trip.

It's tough, few will take up the cross... I question how much I REALLY understand this and how seriously I take picking up the cross.

I'm not sure where we got the idea in the church to be opposite culture, instead of seeing culture and just pointing out God where culture doesn't see Him (truth) Where we as believers miss Him.

At the cross, yes a place most instantly speak of.. but how many times do we... or for that do I, actually really take the time for a, 'contemplation on the cross"?

Transfigurative (definitely not a word or I spelled it atrociously) powers of the cross... a lot stopped there and was renewed or birthed. Our birth from death... dying to being reborn into righteousness.... A justified act of grace. Christ got the pain and suffering for our sins we deserve.

So, my point of thought is, it's tough not always the roughest times. There will be simple times of being a Christian, but not all ways a cake walk. We should let people know that. it isn't the spritual faith that you hear on TV (most the time) that you'll be rich, a rockstar or a movie star if you believe in Christ... the opposite could happen and something amazing could blossom from that. The road is tough and the path is narrow...

There is so much to ponder and reflect on... I'm off to do just that, lates.

God's love is astounding...
Christs compassion is amazing...
The holy spirits guidance is exceptional...

so easy to discuss, so difficult to just do. So hard to let yourself just sit and bask in such... amazing grace and love.

No comments: