Sunday, July 19, 2009

contemplating the cross, a bit.

The cross was an end to suffering. A means of saying, 'it stops here.' The way it was doesn't mean it always has to be. Suffering can continue but grace has been provided for transfiguration to occur. Suffering transfigured into beauty and divine knowledge.

Communion is a great symbolism of what Christ did for us. Not only in remembering Him, remembering what He did. What our Rabbi did, who we are supposed to be like and our Rabbi died upon a cross. There is a thing with suffering and divine change. 'Take this in remembrance of me.' There was a lot of, remember this, remember when you were in exile and I brought you into the holy land out of Egypt. The Exodus occurred and then remember the second exodus, on a larger scale of exodus when Christ died on the Cross. Skin broken and blood spilled, a justified graceful action that saved the whole world.

Remembering His suffering while I took communion today I thought more about what we are called to. 'covered by the dust of our Rabbi.' Remember the suffering as Christians we are going to face. Suffering to help others, not always putting yourself out there as a sheep to be slaughtered. "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." Suffering can vary.

But as I took communion today I really focused on that... Christ suffering and trying to really focus on what we are called to and to what extent this calling can be.

"Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings." 1 Corinthians 9:19-something... I forget... it's all good.

I don't want to just focus on Christ's death, don't get me wrong it's a great focus and of major importance for me to be in Shalom with my maker, shalom with my true humanity in which God intended. When He created me... when everything and all we know was started. Christ died but he conquered death and rose again. ahaha but what am I saying? What Christ did when He died was of VAST importance, how He lived was and how it all built up historically was just another one of those VAST important things. ahaha I could continue on for a while... it's so astounding.

I'm off to hang out some more. Please add thoughts and contemplations, it's all for some good discussion.

with peace and love,
my brothers and sisters.

No comments: