Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Wolf am I (and shadow)

"forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us"
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves."
"Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven."
"Be on your guard against men; they will hand you over to the local councils and flog you in their synagogues. On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. But when they arrest you do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At the time you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you."
"whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.'
umm... Matthew: 10 and the sermon on the mount are all pertaining to.


My mind has been fixed upon the idea of suffering lately, what we go through picking up the cross... the yoke of our God. It's a scary thought to think the truth can have so much that comes with it, physical pain, emotional suffering. The best realization I got for this was when I was sitting in a tree the other day, just pondering life... the life I'm chosen and where I will be one day. I first went to the thought of, "To suffer for the truth is either the best idea I can have or a terrible idea that I didn't think through." I'm going to suffer, put through trials and have the complete unknown happen. I just should make sure I've prayed and fully grasped the decisions I'm making. That my decisions are just images of God in my actions, letting Him use me. If the suffering happens for those reasons, I'll gladly take it over and over again (hopefully it's not selfish reasoning and all for/about God). Suddenly, the tree branch I was perched upon broke... I take a nice fall to the ground and what do you know it, fall on my side (ow). I get up and just laugh, God if there wasn't any better way to teach me something. I've fallen out of trees before, but it's been years. What I realized was, like my faith... I'm still gonna climb that tree or any tree. I'm gonna check the branches I sit upon a little more the next time, but I should check those branches as much as I check the truth that I think I'm standing for. Also, check how I am standing for that truth. I mustn't turn into a wolf amongst wolves... I should forgive and pray for those who trespass against me. For we are all human and for that made of sand. I wish to bring Heaven to earth (walking on water wasn't built in a day), these things take time and there is gonna be some dark vs light times. Some cages are gonna be rattled, but God will fight our battles. Romans 8, "If God is for us who will be against us?" He said He'd give Mosses the words he needed when talking to Pharaoh (God came through on that one), He told the apostles just before they left with no money (they were lucky to have sandals) God will provide them with the words they need (also, the everything else they need to live) or for the words they don't need. I should check my branches, the truth will be revealed in time in all situations. God will show us when we have made bad decisions (we shouldn't count on making the bad decision first and asking for forgiveness later, we should start to learn to take the time and patience to talk with God in the silences. Seek after His heart in our lives). Acknowledge God in what we do, "scream on the rooftops what we are whispered. what I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight." (Matthew 10) I can't say how to handle the situations when they occur, it could be weird... like in Jesus for president he mentions "I don't know, to help that situation? I'd run around and cluck like a chicken, then fake eat food off the ground." ahaha (can't forget the weird imaginative ways to solve something.)

I don't know, just the random thoughts I've had... put together in one long paragraph. We are a people to be set a part. Sheep amongst the wolves. (speaking of sheep, "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." Romans 8 and Psalm 44.) It's so easy to become a wolf amongst wolves. I know I have done it, I hope I am forgiven for those times... those times seem to be good reminders that someone had to of forgiven me in my trespasses.

Grace, love, peace, redemption and Christ can sure cause shenanigans. Some holy shenanigans? ahaha lame joke, my apologies.

Now I'm out of words and thought patterns.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92o5X1IDHN8 :title came from a mewithoutYou song.

1 Corinthians 13:1
"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing."
in hopes that I speak, act, and have faith with pure true love,
Kris

No comments: