Saturday, October 17, 2009

Walking through Chicago

So the last I had returned to Chicago I was with Brock... we took the train up and had to make it in time to catch the next one... about 12 blocks north. So, we sprinted it. Which reminds me, we should have worn better shoes. We sprinted just to realize that we didn't need to, because we were 3 hours early. Why? Oh that's right, because we didn't read the train schedules properly. The listings are different from each train. So we decided to hang out and walk around a bit. I also left the book Slaughter House V sitting on a table before we left to catch the train we were early for... I'm dumb.

I digress, we went outside and talked a while.. and someone asked if they could use my cellphone to make a phone call. Of course I'll let her, she looked hurt and had a medical bracelet on. We talked to a guy she was with, apparently they had just met that day. She was waiting for a ride and he was I believe a wanderer who just saw the blue angles fly at the pier. He was a sweet dude and talked us into trying to go see the show the following year. From talking they seemed hungry so Brock and I went inside to buy them some McDonalds. While inside I saw this cool sweet dude hanging out with his kids. He bought them happy meals and he was messing with the toys, he was also reading Walt Whitman. Then we went back outside, talked some more and found out that we are almost late for our train. We had to book it to the train, as left Brocks book there on the ground... still send out my apologies Brock.

Then we visit Caitlin, eat some pizza and head on our way back... after I bug Caitlin. It's what I do.

No comments: